The BEST plugin for students of Chinese!
Browse Chinese websites with this handy set of training wheels. Read articles in Chinese and quickly see the pronunciation and definition of new words as you encounter them. Just point your mouse to the word you want to see and it will popup with your preferred pronunciation format, and the definition.
Full page translation won’t help your Chinese get any better, but with this you can lookup and save words instantly without leaving the page or consulting a dictionary. One word at a time you can conquer reading Chinese fluency, we did 🙂
Here are the main features and updates:
The plugin comes with Chinese-English already installed, but you can install additional dictionaries with the following links:
- Chinese-German HanDeDict Dictionary (optional)
- Chinese-French CFDICT Dictionary (optional)
- If you have multiple dictionaries, you can cycle through them with SHIFT key
- Supports Simplified and Traditional characters (display either or both)
- Pinyin with tone numbers or tone marks or Zhuyin (Bopomofo) for pronunciation
- Shows the Hanzi using tonal colors (one color for each tone) to aid memorizing
- Save words to a manageable Wordlist and export them later to Anki etc. for studying