Whether for personal or business ventures, you are ready to learn to speak Japanese. However, you are strapped for cash or simply don’t want to pay for a program you may not stick with. That is absolutely no problem when you sign up for JapanesePod101. You can begin your free membership immediately.
But what exactly do you get with your free membership, and is it really free?
Free Lifetime Access to JapanesePod101
The only things you need to take advantage of your JapanesePod101 free lifetime account are access to the internet and an email address. No credit card is required to sign up and get a free 7 day trial of premium, so you don’t have to worry about your credit card being charged after the trial period. You can claim your free account with this link below:
What is Included with a Free JapanesePod101 Account?
JapanesePod101, from Innovative Languages, is one of the most comprehensive free resources for learning to speak Japanese (read our full review of JapanesePod101 here). The following materials are included with your free account.
- Japanese Word of the Day sent directly to your email
- The first three lessons of each learning pathway series (over 100 lessons in all) including Japanese for Emergencies and Ordering Food in Japanese
- Up to five new lessons added to your account each week
- Lists of up to 100 most common words and phrases
- Daily news updates
- Innovative Languages App for iPhone, Android and iPad
- Bonus Japanese resources
- Daily five-minute lesson
So, Is JapanesePod101 Really Free?
Well, yes and no. Since you do not need a credit card to sign up, you cannot be charged for your account. You get free trial access to a Premium account for your first seven days. This allows you to experience some of the features that are offered with a paid subscription. After that, you will revert back to your free account, which is, in all honesty, quite limited. I tried out the free account for a few days and found myself frustrated with how little content is available, and how much good stuff is locked behind the paywall…
You can choose to stick with your free account, or upgrade to one of three paid subscription levels including Basic, Premium or PremiumPLUS. Each level opens up additional tools and resources to help get you on your way to speaking Japanese. For example:
Basic Monthly Subscription Offers:
- Access to the entire lesson library
- In-depth lesson notes and transcripts
Premium Monthly Subscription Offers:
- HD videos
- Daily lessons sent to your email
PremiumPLUS Subscription Offers:
- One-on-one instruction with a Japanese teacher
- Personalized lesson plans
Use our link to get 30% Off Premium
If you do decided to sign up for a paid account, you can use our referral link to get 30% off your subscription. (By using our referral link, we get a small commission on your purchase, and you get a big discount — win win)
How to Activate Your Free Lifetime JapanesePod101 Account
Activating your account can be completed in less than five minutes. Again, no credit card is required, and you can begin your studies immediately after confirming your account. Sign up now by visiting JapanesePod101 and follow the listed steps to activate your account.
1. Choose your desired starting level from absolute beginner, beginner, intermediate or advanced.
2. Enter your valid email address
3. Click here to opt in to the word of the day sent directly to your email.
4. Return to your email account and open the email from JapanesePod101 being sure to check your spam folder if you cannot find it.
5. Click the link to activate your account
6. Follow the instructions on setting up a password when you are redirected to JapanesePod101
7. Begin your studies
Start Learning Japanese Today
Wether you decided this is the program for you or not, there’s no better time to start studying than today!
We recommend you at least try out the free account and get access to Premium for 7 days. You can continue using the free resources for as long as you like or upgrade your plan for additional learning tools. There is nothing to lose, so why not?